• £18-20k depending on experience
About the role
Vestigium Services is looking for a Tracing Researcher to join our team. The successful candidate will contribute to the upkeep of our databases, alongside researching new and improved solutions for locating “Gone Away” customers.
The role of Tracing Researcher involves working with both consumer data and financial institutions data to ensure financial institutions hold the most up to date information about their clients and customers.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others, who understand the importance of precision and who can work proactively and autonomously to help reunite consumers with lost assets.
At Vestigium the work we do is naturally interesting and, although challenging, can be very rewarding. We provide the training but we are on the lookout for a candidate who can bring enthusiasm and energy to the Tracing Researcher role.
If you choose to work with Vestigium, you will become part of a tightly knitted group of dedicated individuals who share a passion to help bring positive change to the financial services industry.
We offer flexible working hours and locations (upon completion of probationary periods) to work around you and those you care about.
- Conduct research using various online databases to verify the status of an individual who may still be at the same address, may have moved to a new address or is deceased.
- Using probate records and other sources, to locate executors (or their next of kin) of deceased estates.
- Maintain the accuracy of data by making the necessary corrections to records, ensuring all results are accurate and quality standards are maintained.
- Work to meet established deadlines and timeframes agreed on both internally and externally.
- Provide suggestions for the continuous development of the company’s Data Management System to help deliver better value to clients.
- Learn to recognise and notify the line manager of any database or system issues and irregularities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of client information and Company data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- A good level of IT literacy, specifically using Word, Excel and databases.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to collect, analyse and record information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload whilst working to deadlines.
Knowledge of available worldwide sources and archives for genealogical research is desired but not essential as full training will be given.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both within a team and on their initiative.
- Demonstrated professional attitude and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High level of concentration and patience.
- Ability to stay calm and work well under pressure.
- Competitive package and remuneration.
- Flexible working opportunities once the probation period is completed.
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- 22 rising to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Free onsite car park.
- Onsite gym.
- You will need to be eligible to work in the UK.
- As we work with our client’s personal data, we are required to run background checks.
- The majority of our work is digitally facilitated, a capability to work with computers is essential.
How to Apply
At Vestigium, we are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background.
If you think that you're the right candidate for this role, we would love to hear from you. You can apply to this role via email at HR@vestigium-services.com with the following details:
- A short covering letter.
- Your CV.
- Your contact details
We are unfortunately only able to reply to applicants that will be invited for an interview.
Vestigium works with caring financial service organisations to help them reconnect their customers with funds and accounts they have forgotten about. You may think that this service only applies to the wealthy, but this is not the case. It remains all too easy to lose touch of an investment in the modern age. Life moves at a fast pace and assets are forgotten or lost as we move houses and contact details change.
We work tirelessly to help rebuild trust in the financial services industry by providing solutions to help keep institutions in touch with their customers.
Our clients, the financial services organisations, pay us a fee for our professional services. We are free to the Consumer and we do not operate on commission from repatriated assets, as many in the ‘heir hunting’ industry do. As a result, we are therefore unaware of the value of the assets we work on, which allows our clients to treat their customers completely fairly, regardless of whether they are a multi-millionaire or a first time investor.
We believe this, along with our expertise, sets us and our clients apart from the crowd. and It’s our belief that, whether we are helping someone reconnect with £100 or £100,000, money matters to those individuals, and we are committed to facilitating a positive change in the industry.